RAPCAN is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to maintain and continue the close friendships and associations of its members, to promote their general welfare and to assist the transition of active pilots into retirement. Regular Members are limited to pilots who are a minimum of 50 years old, have completed a minimum of 15 years service and retire in good standing from a Canadian airline operator under Canadian Air Regulations (CAR) 703, 704 & 705. Exceptions to the 15 years of service can be made with a two thirds majority of the Board of Directors.
- Captain Jim Sheldon, President
We accomplish the foregoing by:
- Publishing on this web site, the monthly luncheon schedules of "retiree groups" across Canada as well as winter meetings in Florida, Arizona and Mexico. Members may check luncheon locations and times in the Members Only section.
- Maintaining a membership, address, telephone and email directory that is searchable by members only.
- Organizing and hosting an Annual General Meeting.
- Publishing PX Magazine three times a year.
- Publishing an Internet Newsletter.